- Symptoms : Swollen bloated body with protruding scales,
- Remedy : Tetracycline, Maracyn Two, Antibiotic food (if it'll
( Note : This is a very deadly disease with only a
small percentage of fish that survive. If
you notice your Betta swelling up and not
eating, even if the scales are not
protruding, treat it immediately.)
- Prevention : Fresh, clean water is essential.
Possible Dropsy Treatment
1. Put in Kanacyn for about a day.
2. Try to keep temperature as warm as possible .
( If you're changing temp, please do it slowly as not to
stress or harm your fish.)
3. Shielded the tank from stressful light.
4. Add some epsom salt to the Kanacyn water. (1 tsp for 5
gallons of water.)
5. Change the water every other day--100% change.
6. 1 capsule of Kanacyn and 2 tsp of epsom salt were mixed in
10 Tbs of water.The ratio of 1 Tbs of concentrate to 1
gallon of water is used for water changes.